Limoncello Spritz is a refreshing and easy Italian cocktail made with Limoncello liqueur and sparkling water. The perfect warm weather cocktail that’s ready in just 2 minutes!
Cocktails don’t have to be confusing to be delicious! This Limoncello Spritz is made with just two ingredients (not including the garnish) and is a perfect for any occasion.
So, if you’re looking for a simple Italian cocktail, this is it. Both refreshing and easy, you’re going to fall in love with this simple classic drink.
And, if you are looking for a great after-dinner drink, be sure to check out this Espresso Martini with Kahlua. For a simple side dish that’s also perfect for warm weather, don’t miss this Pesto Pasta Salad recipe, made with just five ingredients! If you love lemon desserts, be sure to check out my Lemon Blondies recipe!
Why this Limoncello Spritz is the BEST!
If you are all about the fuss-free cocktails, then you are going to love this recipe! A drink that anyone can make, the Limoncello Spritz takes a classic limoncello liqueur and makes it perfect for sipping.
Limoncello is one of those perfect Italian liqueurs. It’s deliciously sweet and pungent, with flavors that don’t need to be covered up.
That is why this spritz is so brilliant! You can really savor the flavors of the Limoncello by just adding some sparkling water to wake them up. Plus, it’s a simple cocktail that’s great for the warmer months.
The ingredients for this recipe are few. All you need is limoncello, sparkling water, sugar, and a slice of lemon.
- Limoncello: since the limoncello liqueur is the star of this recipe, make sure you are using a good quality limoncello. I like Caravella if you can find it. Homemade limoncello would also be perfect here.
- Sparkling water: this is entirely up to personal preference and what you have on hand. We are big fans of Topo Chico and L’Croix, so those usually end up in our spritzers.
- Sugar: the sugar is really there to decorate the rim of the glass and is totally optional. However, since it’s such a simple recipe, the sugar is really a nice touch.
Read on to see how easy this cocktail is!
How to Make Limoncello Spritz
Limoncello Spritz is so easy to make and just requires a few ingredients. You can serve this in a champagne glass or a cocktail glass.
To start, rub a slice of lemon around the edge of the glass. Then, turn the glass over and dip the rim in a plate of sugar. Fill the glass with ice cubes.
Once the ice is in, pour in two ounces of limoncello liqueur over the ice. Top off with sparkling water or mineral water until the glass is nearly full. Garnish with a slice of lemon.
You don’t want to make this cocktail too far in advance. Since it’s so simple to do, you can really just put it together right before serving.
Recipe Tips and FAQs
A Limoncello Spritz is a great summertime drink. Both refreshing and simple to make, you’ll be sipping these as soon as the weather warms up. Here are my tips and FAQs for this recipe.
- Use a good quality limoncello or make your own.
- Don’t make your spritz too far in advance or the sparkling water will flatten.
- Change up the taste of the drink by adding different flavored sparkling waters.
Limoncello is an Italian lemon liqueur that is made from lemon zest, sugar, and vodka. It is one of the most popular liqueurs in Italy with strong connections to the Island of Capri and the Amalfi Coast.
Limoncello is best served very cold. You can freeze the bottle and pour shots directly from the freezer. Or, pour it over ice cubes and stir well. Since limoncello can be strong, make a limoncello spritz by mixing together limoncello and sparkling water.
Limoncello is a very sweet liqueur with an intense flavor of lemons. Almost like a citrus flavored syrup, limoncello is best sipped very cold over ice, or mixed with sparkling water to make a limoncello spritz.
More Lemony Treats
If you love Limoncello, then you are going to love with these limoncello-inspired desserts:
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating in the recipe card below and/or review in the comments section further down the page.
- champagne glass or small cocktail glass
- sugar for rim
- lemon slices
- ice cubes
- 8 ounces Limoncello
- 12 ounces sparkling water
- Pour some sugar onto a plate. Rub a lemon wedge along the rim of the glasses. Turn glass over and place onto the sugar so that you get a rim of sugar along the glasses.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes. Pour in 2 ounces of Limoncello into each glass. Top with sparkling water and stir. Garnish with lemon wedge.
- You can serve Limoncello Spritz in a champagne flute or low ball cocktail glass.
- Add different flavored sparkling waters to change up the flavor of the spritz.
- Make this drink extra festive by garnishing with a sprig of mint.