Italian Roasted Potatoes are a delicious and easy way to make the best roasted potatoes. With just a few ingredients, this recipe comes together fast and is a great side dish for any meal!
If you are looking for the best roasted potato recipe, you have to try these Italian Roasted Potatoes! Made with baby potatoes, fresh sliced garlic, olive oil, Italian seasoning, and kosher salt, they are sure to be your new favorite!
Why this Recipe is the Best!
This recipe for Italian Roasted Potatoes is a delicious and easy way to make potatoes. They are so flavorful and creamy, and pair perfectly with any meal.
These potatoes are quick cooking and require little prep work. I recommend using the baby potatoes if you can find them so that all you have to do is give them a quick slice in half.
Roasting the potatoes with sliced garlic gives them a delicious bite. The garlic gets brown and crispy and plays perfectly with the creaminess of the potatoes.
To keep these potatoes truly simple, I also recommend using Italian seasoning. It’s a delicious blend of spices and is easy to find in your grocery store’s spice aisle.
These Italian roasted potatoes are loved by everyone who tries them. Cook up a batch tonight and get a delicious potato side dish for your meal in no time.
To make Italian Roasted Potatoes you will need: baby potatoes, olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic, and kosher salt.
- Baby Potatoes: baby potatoes are available in most grocery store produce sections. They often come in both red and yellow varieties. If you can’t find baby potatoes, you can use Yukon Gold potatoes, cut in to smaller bite-sized chunks.
- Italian seasoning: Italian seasoning is a commonly found spice that you probably already have in your pantry. It’ a mixture of dried basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, and marjoram. If you don’t have Italian seasoning, you can make a blend of your favorite dried spices.
- Garlic: fresh garlic really adds a nice flavor to these potatoes. I recommend slicing the garlic rather than mincing it since the minced garlic is more likely to burn.
How to Make Italian Roasted Potatoes
This recipe for Italian Roasted Potatoes comes together fast and is so easy to make. With just a few ingredients and steps, you’ll have delicious roasted potatoes in no time.
Step 1: slice the baby potatoes in half. If you are using a Yukon Gold potato instead, just cut into large bite-sized chunks.
Step 2: add the potatoes to a large bowl along with sliced garlic, olive oil, Italian seasoning, and kosher salt. Try to slice the garlic instead of mincing it.
Step 3: toss all of the ingredients together well. Be sure that all of the potatoes are coated in the olive oil mixture and that none of the halves are stuck together.
Step 4: pour the potato mixture onto a baking sheet. Next, move around the potatoes so there is room between them. Bake on the top third of the oven.
The potatoes will bake for about 20-25 minutes. You will know they are done when they are fork tender and golden on the outside. Serve immediately.
Tips for Making Italian Roasted Potatoes
- Use baby potatoes if possible. They cook faster and have a delicious and creamy texture. You can substitute Yukon Gold potatoes, just cut into small chunks.
- Place the rack in the top third of the oven. The closer the potatoes are to the heat, the more they will caramelize.
- Slice the garlic instead of mincing it so you don’t end up with little burned bits of garlic.
- Separate the potatoes on the baking sheet so they have room. If you keep them too close together they will steam cook rather than roast.
- Dried herbs work better than fresh here. Use dried Italian seasoning if you have it. Otherwise, you can use a combination of your favorite dried herbs like basil, oregano, and thyme.
To get a nice roasted baby potato, you should halve them before roasting them. Toss with oil and seasoning, then roast at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Baby Potatoes, also called New Potatoes, are potatoes that have been dug up before they’ve had a chance to fully mature. They are great to bake with because they cook fast. You can also substitute Yukon Gold potatoes that have been cut into bite-sized chunks.
To give roasted potatoes an Italian flair, add olive oil, garlic, and Italian seasoning to them before roasting. You can also serve with a sprinkle of parmesan and fresh chopped parsley.
What to Serve with Italian Roasted Potatoes
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating in the recipe card below and/or review in the comments section further down the page.
Italian Roasted Potatoes
- sheet pan
- 1 ½ pounds baby potatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- chopped parsley for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place baking rack at the top third of oven.
- In a large bowl combine the halved baby potatoes, sliced garlic, olive oil, Italian seasoning, and kosher salt. Use a spoon to toss the mixture together well. Pour the potatoes on to a baking sheet and arrange so there is space between the potatoes.
- Roast the potatoes for 20-25 minutes, or until they are fork tender, stopping to stir them halfway through. Remove from oven and garnish with chopped fresh parsley if desired.
- Use the small baby potatoes that come in a bag at the grocery store. You can substitute Yukon Gold, just cut into smaller bite-sized pieces.
- The sliced garlic gives the recipe a nice toasty crunch. Fresh garlic is best, but 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder works in a pinch.
- Italian seasoning is a very common blend made with dried basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, and sometimes marjoram. You can find it in the spice aisle in most grocery stores.